Thursday 27 May 2021

How to Use SEMRush For Keyword Research - A Hubpages Case Study

 There are several keyword research tools available for free on the internet but this article focuses on SEMRush which was developed by the same company which produces SEOQuake for Firefox. I have been using SEOQuake for a year or two now to slowly build up my knowledge and experience of search engine marketing and have found it to be a very useful tool Semrush vs Similarweb comparison.


I recently discovered SEMRush online and signed up for a free account. With the free account option you have up to ten searches available per day which is sufficient for somebody writing articles or building a small website. If your project requires more searches then there is an upgrade option available for a small free.


My first project using SEMRush was for a hubpages hub about pink Floyd. I began by using the keyword "Pink Floyd" as my main search term. SEMRush produces several pages of keywords including misspellings which may be appropriate to an article about Pink Floyd. My next task is to filter out those keywords with a high volume of competition - which will increase my chances of being ranked on the top ten search results for Google and gaining valuable organic traffic.

Once I have chosen my five main keywords, I begin writing the text which will make up about 30% of my Hub.


I've experimented at hubpages and found that using text, video, RSS feeds and news feed is the most efficient way to rank on the first page of Google and gain organic search traffic. SEMRush keyword research is the first step in earning a small income at hubpages and the tool is easy to use and intuitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment