Sunday 25 October 2020

Shark Vac Steamer Review

 Cleaning that hard wood floors week in and week out with that mop and bucket, you would clearly see that something better must be out there to help fully accomplish that weekly chore.


So I went out and bought the Shark Vac then steam mop and I am very happy with it. I was looking for something that is all-in-one, easy, lightweight, and safe for my child to be around while I am cleaning the floor. This Shark steamer did make it easy to clean the floor and I could see myself using it on a weekly basis shark vs dyson. It was especially nice that you don't need to buy anything else - no cleaning solution, mop pads, etc. To address some of the concerns I read in the reviews:


- Using it in the mop function is a bit harder to push, but no more difficult than using a regular mop and scrubbing the floor. Having a small and light Shark steamer is good when you want to have your teenagers clean the house.

- It did not leave streaks or films on the floor. After mopping I felt that the floor was very clean, this is important when the kid tries to pick up stray pieces of food.


- I felt that the suction of the vacuum was fine. In very awkward corners or spaces I needed to use something else to pick up dirt, but in general it did well even under my cabinets. Of course, it's not as powerful as the Dyson Vacuum, but I think that is to be expected with a vacuum of this size and price.


- When using the Shark steamer, the floor did dry very quickly. This was a big concern for many people since they usually need to clean the floor while the kids are around the house. While you shouldn't allow your child to get close to the steam, the floor is fairly dry almost immediately so slips are less likely.


- Emptying the dirt canister is very easy. Filling the water tank is not quite as easy and does require some care not to spill.


- One improvement that would be interesting is making the Shark Steamer battery powered. To be really efficient it would be nice not to have to wrap & unwrap the cord (which really is very long).


- People were also a bit disappointed that they couldn't vacuum there area rugs with the Shark steamer. Every hardwood floor has area rugs somewhere, and an intention was to have one tool for the entire floor.

https://relentlesshome.com/shark-vs-dyson-vacuum-comparison/

No comments:

Post a Comment